Mission and Vision
WHIMA Mission, Vision, Values
The Wisconsin Health Information Management Association (WHIMA) is a component state association of the American Health Information Management Association(AHIMA). WHIMA has been the leadership organization and premier resource for the management of health records in Wisconsin for over 75 years. Members look to WHIMA to help them stay connected with other information professionals, to keep them informed on the latest techniques and technologies, and to help them in their professional careers. WHIMA can help you, too.
WHIMA is the principal voice in the collaborative management of patient health information in Wisconsin.
WHIMA leads in the innovation, education, and advancement of health information management for the benefit of the patients, providers and other users of the health record.
- Excellence – through enhancing the leadership skills of our members and mentoring incoming health information professionals.
- Integrity – by adhering to high standards of professionalism and AHIMA’s Code of Ethics.
- Professional Growth – by networking and promoting continual learning.
- Innovation – by creating a culture of discovery and collaboration.
- Privacy – through the appropriate security and confidential maintenance of health information.
- Technology – to improve the access of health information for optimal patient care.
- Advocacy – in the development of state and national standards of practice, public policy and legislation.