HIM Analyst- Enterprise Content Management
Bring your project management experience to UW Health.
We are seeking an HIM Analyst:
- Review and approve all electronic and paper forms that go into the medical record and put them in the correct area in the EMR
- Review and make sure all state, federal, CMS, and Join Commissions rules and regulations are followed
- Experience with Information Governance, Data Analytics, Data Informatics
- Minimum – At least two years experience with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) technology, larger project management/prioritization, Additional years of education such as Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), may be substituted for years of experience
- Preferred – Previous Information Governance and/or HER Content management experience and/or Release of Information experience
Licenses and Certifications:
- Preferred – RHIT or RHIA, Epic Care Ambulatory certification, Epic Care Inpatient certification, Epic Release of Information certification
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of inpatient and outpatient medical chart order
- Ability to identify documentation and medical record form(s) problems and make independent decisions within the scope of one’s job responsibilities
- Effective leadership skills with ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
- Minimum – Training in areas of health information technology, medical terminology, personnel management, and records management normally acquired through two years of college level study
- Preferred – Associate degree or college level study leading to a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) certification by the American Health Information Management Association or an Associate degree in Information Technology