Health Information Access Specialist – ROI
Every patient deserves confidentiality with their health care. Would you like the opportunity to impact patient care through Health Information Management?
We are seeking a Health Information Access Specialist who:
- Has a passion for patient privacy
- Has a love for quality control and compliance
- Understands the importance of productivity and turnaround time
Minimum – High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred – Education in Health Information Management, Nursing Assistant, Medical Assistant, or other related field
Minimum – Two (2) years progressively responsible medical records management experience. Education in Health Information Management, or related field, may be substituted for years of experience.
Licenses and Certifications:
Preferred – RHIT or RHIA, Certified Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of indices and filing systems necessary to file, store, and retrieve information from paper and electronic record systems preferred (terminal digit filing preferred)
- Ability to examine a form and determine its proper placement within the paper or electronic record
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
This position is 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Days, Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm. No weekend or holiday shifts. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.