Health Information Specialist
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin and work with patient records and documentation in Health Information Management.
We are seeking a Health Information Specialist who:
- Has exceptional computer skills
- Can work Independently and multi-task
- Is detailed orientated
- Minimum – General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Preferred – High School Diploma
- Minimum – One year of progressively responsible Health Care related experience required. Education in Health Information Management, Health Care Sciences or other four year degree may be substituted for years of experience
- Preferred – One year experience in a clinical or Health Information Management Department of a large health care facility
Licenses and Certifications
- Preferred – RHIT or RHIA preferred
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
- Knowledge of indices and filing systems necessary to file, store, and retrieve information from paper and electronic record systems preferred (terminal digit filing preferred)
- Ability to examine the record and verify patient identification
- Ability to examine a document and determine its proper placement within the paper or electronic record
- Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- This position is 100% FTE, 40 hours per week. Days, Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.