Health Information Management (HIM) is …
- The leading voice and authority in health information, which is human, wherever it is found.
- Critical to healthcare evolution.
- The link between clinicians, administrators, technology designers, and information technology professionals.
- A curriculum that incorporates the disciplines of medicine, management, finance, information technology, and law.
Health Information Professionals are responsible in …
- Keeping health information human.
- Ensuring the accuracy, protection, and accessibility of health information because when information stays human, it stays relevant.
A HIM career is right for you if you …
- Want to empower people to impact health.
- Want to ensure health information is accurate, complete, and available to patients and providers.
- Want to be a part of the healthcare team that is a stakeholder in a person’s wellbeing.
- Would like to work in healthcare, but not directly with patients.
- Want to join other HIM professionals that see the person connected to the data.
Learn more by visiting ahima.org.