UW Health Rehab Hospital
UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a free-standing, 50-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation facility located on the east side of Madison, Wisconsin. Our rehabilitation hospital opened in September 2015 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able. The UW Health Rehabilitation Hospital is a partnership between UW Health, Unity Point Meriter and Kindred Healthcare.
The HIM Manager plans, develops and maintains the Health Information Services department of the hospital in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards as well as hospital policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient care information to ensure patient rights are protected.
- Assists in planning, organizing, directing and maintaining Health Information Services in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO, CARF).
- Assists in establishing and maintaining procedures for the collection, coding, abstracting, filing and retrieval of medical records.
- Works with staff physicians in getting records completed within the required timeframe.
- Serves as a resource for hospital administration and other staff regarding health information issues, rules and regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO).
- Reviews policies and procedures as required by administration and participates in making recommended changes.
- Codes or supervises credentialled coder and is proficient in inpatient rehab coding rules such that in the absence of the coder, can continue the coding process with accuracy including transmission of Medicare cases.
- Supervises other HIM employees which include initial and on-going training in HIM functions.
- Guides nursing staff in keeping any paper-based records neat and orderly during the patient’s hospitalization.
- At discharge, processes records within required timeframes: assembly, analysis, coding, and abstracting.
- Reviews and processes requests for patient information within required timeframe and serves as resource for other staff who may be involved in requests after regular business hours.
- Prepares and presents quarterly HIM report to CQPI Committee.
- Develops and maintains good rapport with inter-disciplinary team members to help ensure that medical records are properly maintained and problem areas identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Coordinates the activities of the Health Information Review Program and reports findings to the appropriate committee in a timely manner.
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement program activities.
- Participates in continuing education classes and training programs.
- Assists in presentations during orientation and periodic staff training dealing with Health Information topics.
- RHIT (or eligible) or RHIA (or eligible) or Coding Certification by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association).
- Prefer two+ (2) years experience in health information leadership in a health-related facility, preferably in a hospital setting.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please email resume to email@example.com