University of Wisconsin – Madison, University Health Services
University Health Services (UHS): UHS is located at 333 East Campus Mall on floors 5-8 of the student services tower in the University Square Complex. We provide medical and prevention services to UW-Madison students. This multi-use building is also the home for the Bursar’s Office, Financial Aid, the Registrar, the Student Activities Center, and retail stores on the first floor. For the past three years, UHS has been recognized by the Princeton Review as the best college health service in the country. UHS is close to the Unions, food carts, public transportation, the state capitol, and shops.
Provides information technology (IT) support services to end users in support of institutional technology operation. Provides training to end users.
Completes procurements, installations, configurations, repairs, and modifications of various technology hardware, software, and associated components under general supervision
Identifies, troubleshoots, resolves, and/or escalates basic and more complex data, network connectivity, client/server processes, and application issues according to established policies and procedures
Maintains operational functions of technology systems to ensure appropriate integration, compatibility, and functionality according to established user requirements
Serves as a point of contact for individuals and groups providing standard-level organizational information about technology resources and addressing their needs
Facilitates individual and group end user trainings, answers questions, and provides information specific to non-routine and more complex information technology end user products and services
- Progressive experience in business and clinical process improvement, organizational change and project management as well as a minimum of three years involvement in EHR systems
- Technical documentation skills and basic competence in Word and Excel
- Ability to communicate effectively with users across the organization, orally and in writing
- Certified Professional in Health Informatics & Information Management Systems (CPHIMS) or comparable certification
- Previous support of, or familiarity with, healthcare interfaces (i.e. HL7)
- Knowledge of technical training techniques and methodologies
- Experience maintaining and supporting applications or software products
- Understanding of network connectivity
- Three or more years of experience in healthcare, specifically ambulatory care, highly preferred.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, Informatics, Health Information Management, or similar fields highly preferred.
Minimum $53,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Excellent Benefits https://hr.wisc.edu/benefits/
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please click the Apply Now link. You will be required to login or create an account to apply. Please upload a resume and cover letter. Please provide three references, at least one of which should be a current or former supervisor.