Inpatient Coding Specialist
Elevate Medical Solutions
Elevate Medical Solutions, a 100% US-based medical coding services company, is currently looking for motivated individuals to join their amazing team. If you are looking for not only a full-time, 100% remote, Inpatient coding position, but also a company that truly values their employees, then apply today!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews hospital inpatient medical record documentation and properly identifies and assigns:
- ICD-10-CM and/or ICD-10-PCS codes for all reportable diagnoses and procedures. This includes determining the correct principal diagnosis, co-morbidities and complications, secondary conditions and surgical procedures.
- MS-DRG, APR-DRG
- Present on admission indicators
- Hospital Acquired Conditions (HAC) and when required, report through established procedures.
- Discharge Disposition code
- This includes utilizing technical coding principals and MS-DRG reimbursement expertise to assign appropriate ICD-10-CM diagnoses and procedures, as well as abstracting these code assignments according to facility guidelines.
- Meet and/or exceed the established IP production standards for each facility.
- Meet and/or exceed the established quality standard of 96% accuracy rate while meeting and/or exceeding production standards.
- Reviews daily/weekly system-generated error reports in addition to manager-provided QA reports to correct or complete missing data elements.
- Assists in identifying solutions to reduce back-end billing errors. Assist in resolving billing errors as required.
- Queries physicians appropriately and as needed when documentation is not clear and follows up on queries per facility policies.
- Utilizes internal Elevate resources and qualified external resources to clarify coding policies, guidelines and areas of question while adhering to individual client coding policies.
- Keeps current of coding guidelines by self-study, Elevate assigned education, coding compliance plan and additional education as outlined by manager.
- Participates in internal and external quality review meetings as necessary and responds to corrective action as necessary.
- Completes time sheet with necessary productivity details throughout each day and submits time sheet by deadline at the end of each pay period.
- Credentials to include one or a combination of the following: RHIA, RHIT, and/or CCS. Additional credentials are preferred but not required.
- Two years or greater of inpatient coding experience in an acute care facility. Teaching facility or Level I or II trauma center experience is a plus.
- Must possess the ability to properly code complex medical and surgical accounts.
- Ability to code and maintain Elevate quality standards and meet productivity standards as documented in Elevate’s Coding Compliance Plan as well as for each project.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a performance-driven environment: a proactive, results-driven and goal-oriented approach.
- Advanced knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, disease process, pharmacology and complex surgical procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of accepted medical abbreviations and their meanings.
- Energetic, confident, self-starter with the ability to work independently and thrive in the dynamic environment of a growing company.
- Technical skills required to learn and navigate a variety of software systems, trouble-shoot computer problems, install periodic software updates and work efficiently in a virtual environment.
- Ability to think/work independently while having positive interaction with a team.
- Advanced problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with current healthcare-based technology, coding and EMR.
- Attention to details is critical for this position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook functions.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of specialized references such as the ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS, and CPT books, medical dictionaries, encoders and medical journals.
- Must have extensive knowledge of Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, and all other OCGs, including UHDDS.
- Abides by the standards of Ethical Coding as set forth by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) and adheres to all official coding guidelines.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision and Life insurance, PTO, Flexible scheduling options, Team camaraderie in a small business feeling environment, Work-life balance.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
To apply, please complete the application form found at the bottom of the job description posting, and follow the resume submission guidelines within. If you have any issues or specific questions, please reach out to email@example.com
Apply Online: https://www.elevatecoding.com/careers