Instructor, Health Information Technology and Program Coordinator
Milwaukee Area Technical College
Hours vary based on departmental needs.
2 vacancies – 1 of the 2 vacancies will also be a Program Coordinator
Develops and teaches concepts and strategies for a variety of courses. May require teaching courses at MATC campuses, business, community, other sites, and online during the day, evening, and/or weekend. Related duties include participation in department and advisory meetings, department and college functions, course and curriculum development in both traditional and non-traditional formats, online courses, staff development, conduct open labs (if/when necessary), student advising, student outcome assessment and quality review assessment and implementation, student organization involvement, recruitment and retention of students, and other duties as assigned**. Required to keep current with the latest trends and technologies in discipline.
Must submit copies of transcripts for all degrees obtained to be considered for position (may be unofficial).
- Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
- Manage the classroom/laboratory.
- Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program/department evaluation. **
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assess student performance.
- Mentor students on academic issues. **
- Collaborate with advisory committee in program/department area. **
- Attend departmental and institutional meetings. **
- Promote the education/training program/department, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to promote educational opportunities at MATC.
- Support student organizations and activities. **
- Develop relationships with business and industry. **
- Complete program/department evaluation and follow-up.
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Compliance with all state, federal, and accreditation standards/requirements, as well as all MATC policies and procedures.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Health Administration Management, Health Administration, or related field such as Health Informatics.
- MUST have a minimum of five (5) years of full-time or equivalent 10,000 hours experience in Health Information Technology; Coding Manager/Director, Revenue Cycle Manager, Cancer Registry Manager, Information Security Manager, or HIM Operations Manager.
- In addition, one of the following MUST be met:
a. At least two years of work experience must have occurred within the last five years OR b. Two years of teaching Health Information Technology course work at the post secondary level within the last five years. ** Note: (One (1) year teaching experience equivalent two (2) semesters full-time or four (4) semesters part-time)
- MUST also have current credential as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) through American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA)
- MUST also have current certification, or be in the process of obtaining certification, as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) through American Health Information Management Association
- Previous teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in teaching and/or developing curriculum in a variety of classroom environments including in-person and online
- Experience using a variety of instructional methods including: face-to-face, blended, and 100% online preferred.
- Must be able to develop and maintain curriculum currency.
- Working knowledge of computers and software related to instructional area including MS Office/Google Suite, data systems, mobile technologies, web conference tools, and social networking; and knowledge of, or willing to learn, Blackboard or similar learning management system (LMS) preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic competency attainment.
- Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
- Must embrace and demonstrate Standards of Teaching Excellence and the MATC Career Essentials in development and delivery of instruction:
Essential Technology Email – Experience with email systems Telephone – Experience with a voice mail system Computer – Experience with software to prepare documents, presentations, spreadsheets, etc.
MATC Career Essentials – Effective Communication through Speaking and Listening Effective Communication through Writing Mathematical Competency Effective Problem Solving Global Awareness Professionalism Technology Competency
MATC is an AA/EEO employer and committed to workplace diversity.Excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.
MUST have five (5) years of full-time or equivalent 10,000 hours experience in Health Information Technology; Coding Manager/Director, Revenue Cycle Manager, Cancer Registry Manager, Information Security Manager preferred.
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Health Administration or Health Informatics, Business Administration, Mathematics or Science.
- MATC offers a choice between two medical insurance plans and upon selection the coverage begins the first of the month following start date. See below for plan types:
- Low Deductible PPO
- High Deductible PPO
- MATC contributes a generous percentage towards medical insurance premium.
- All medical plans include Prescription Drug and Vision benefits at no additional costs to employees.
- MATC offers a traditional group dental plan through Delta Dental, upon selection the dental insurance plan coverage begins the first of the month following start date.
- Annual maximum per covered person is $2,500; plan covers preventive, routine, restoration, and orthodontics for dependents up to age 19.
Group Life Insurance
- MATC offers group life insurance benefits through Symetra Insurance after six months of employment and is fully paid for by the college. The amount of insurance is based upon annual earnings rounded to the higher $1,000.00. The benefit is doubled in the event of accidental death. Supplemental Life Insurance is also available at group rates for you, your spouse, and your dependents.
Long Term Disability
- MATC offers long-term disability insurance through Madison National Life Company after 30 days of employment and is fully paid for by the college. Benefits provided are equal to 66 2/3% of base monthly earnings.
- Regular full-time employees of MATC who are hired for greater than 12 months become members of the Wisconsin Retirement System as of day one of employment. The College currently pays the full cost of the employer contribution (6.55%), and the employee pays the full part of the employee contribution of 6.55% of salary. There is a five year vesting period requirement in order to qualify for any employer contributions made on the employee’s behalf.
Sick Leave Benefits
- MATC offers its employees a generous sick leave plan per calendar year. Each employee may accumulate up to 150 hours of full sick leave with an unlimited accumulation of half days.
- MATC offers a vacation policy to employees for the purpose of rest and relaxation. Vacation is earned at a generous rate each year of employment. (Not available for Instructors)
- MATC offers paid holidays based on position.
Tuition Reimbursement and Waiver
- Employees are eligible for tuition reimbursement and waiver after completing probationary period.
- Amount allowed per fiscal year is 12 credits at MATC of $1,400 at other accredited institutions.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
Please visit www.matc.edu and search the job openings page for the job posting of Instructor Health Information Technology and Program Coordinator
Submit a complete application and attach required transcripts for consideration
Apply Online: http://www.matc.edu