Manager-Health Information Management
This position supports Record Content Management (RCM) in Rochester, MN. The position can also be filled at the following sites: Albert Lea, MN (123847BR); La Crosse, WI (123850BR); Eau Claire, WI (123849BR)
- Responsible and accountable for department operations, fiscal/financial management, quality, and service, environment of care/safety, risk management, and human resource management.
- Manages remotely for multiple sites within region and/or state and/or health system encouraging self-directed teams.
- Coordinates activities for an on-site and telework 24/7 operation.
- Promotes educational opportunities to staff and clinicians and encourages staff to learn, grow and take on leadership roles; provides leadership and representation for HIMS staff; serves on institutional committees/work groups/client practice groups; provides in-depth expertise in medical documentation best practices, process improvement, problem resolution and regulatory agency and institutional standards and requirements.
- Works with supervisor(s) to forecast department needs and staffs to workload appropriately; prioritizes work flows to meet patient care needs; liaises with medical staff to improve processes; facilitates and implements quality and data integrity improvements using performance improvement tools; facilitates EMR documentation posting and integrity; and works collaboratively and maintains relationships with co-workers, both within HIMS and outside of HIMS.
- Stays current with industry standards and initiatives.
- Assures the balance of cost, quality and turnaround is maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Those supporting HIMS Operation areas required to have a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in health information, organizational leadership, business or related field with five years of related management experience.
- Must be a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
Click Here to apply online.
Learn and grow among the best in your field at the nation’s top hospital (U.S.News & World Report,2019-2020), ranked No. 1 in more specialties than any other care provider. At Mayo Clinic, you’ll use the power of collaboration to achieve the highest standards for medical care and health improvement, working in the largest integrated, not-for-profit medical group practice in the world with over 60,000 employees. You’re invited to contribute to a unique environment that brings together the best in patient care, groundbreaking research and innovative medical education. Being a part of Mayo Clinic allows for more work-life balance, competitive compensation and generous benefits, career security and the ability to manage and coordinate patient care in the most efficient ways possible.
©2019 Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research. Post offer/pre-employment drug screening is required. Mayo Clinic is an equal opportunity educator and employer (including veterans and persons with disabilities).
Apply Online: http://www.ecentralmetrics.com/url/?u=718213075665-294