Manager – Health Information Management – Work location open to all sites
This position supports Record Content Management (RCM) in Rochester, MN. The position can also be filled at the following sites: Albert Lea, MN, or La Crosse, WI, Jacksonville, FL and Scottsdale, AZ.
This position supports Record Content Management (RCM).
- Responsible and accountable for department operations, fiscal/financial management, quality, and service, environment of care/safety, risk management, and human resource management.
- Manages remotely for multiple sites within region and/or state and/or health system encouraging self-directed teams.
- Coordinates activities for an on-site and telework 24/7 operation.
- Promotes educational opportunities to staff and clinicians and encourages staff to learn, grow and take on leadership roles; provides leadership and representation for HIMS staff; serves on institutional committees/work groups/client practice groups; provides in-depth expertise in medical documentation best practices, process improvement, problem resolution and regulatory agency and institutional standards and requirements.
- Works with supervisor(s) to forecast department needs and staffs to workload appropriately; prioritizes work flows to meet patient care needs; liaises with medical staff to improve processes; facilitates and implements quality and data integrity improvements using performance improvement tools; facilitates EMR documentation posting and integrity; and works collaboratively and maintains relationships with co-workers, both within HIMS and outside of HIMS.
- Stays current with industry standards and initiatives.
- Assures the balance of cost, quality and turnaround is maintained.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in health information, organizational leadership, business or related field with five years of related management experience.
- Must be a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
- Preferred: Master’s with 1-3 years relevant management experience; Mayo Quality Academy certification or equivalent.
- Demonstrate organizational, communication and teaching skills.
- Candidates must articulate a willingness to work with and be available to staff spread over a wide geographical area, with varying schedules.
- Manager will be expected to utilize technology for communication, but also to discern when a face-to-face presence is necessary.
- Applicable AHIMA, HIMSS or AHDI credentials preferred.
Those supporting HIMS Operation areas required to have a registered health information technology (RHIT) or registered health information administrator (RHIA) certification.
Albert Lea is a community of 18,000 in scenic Southern MN, surrounded by several lakes and located just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis and 60 miles from Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent family amenities include a community focus on education (new high school, superb test scores), 38 city parks, 6 nearby golf courses, cultural events, festivals, performing arts, 250 miles of groomed snowmobile trails, Blazing Star Recreational Trail, and Audubon Nature and Wildlife Preserve. Austin is a community of 23,000 surrounded by prairies, rivers and valleys just 90 minutes south of Minneapolis/St. Paul and 40 minutes west of Mayo Clinic in Rochester. Excellent public and parochial education system, including programming for students with special needs and gifted students. Great recreation options including trout fishing, hunting, cross-country skiing, camping, hiking, cycling, indoor/outdoor tennis, canoeing and golfing.