Manager, Medical Coding (Inpatient)
Bring your managerial experience to UW Health.
We are seeking a Manager, Medical Coding to:
- Manage and oversee the daily operations of the Coding department. This includes activities and staff, data collection, analysis, and reports to meet department and institutional wide goals.
- Design, develop and execute standard policies and procedures, standardized queries, and strategies targeted to improve the quality of documentation and overall quality and financial performance of UW Health.
- Develop and execute Coding process improvement projects.
Minimum – HIT Graduation
Preferred – Graduation from a HIA program
Minimum – One (1) year of experience supervising/managing coding in a medium to large facility.
Preferred – Three (3) years of experience with coding supervision/management in an academic medical center.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – RHIT Certification
Preferred – RHIA Certification
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Official Coding and Clinical Documentation Guidelines
- Familiarity of automated/computerized encoders, groupers, abstracting, database, billing systems, medical records
- Proven/demonstrated skills in use of encoder grouping and abstracting software
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision as applied to the management and direction of personnel
- Strong organizational, planning, scheduling and project management abilities
- Excellent leadership ability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical ability to develop and analyze data to recommend solutions and solve complex problems
- Ability to insure a high level of customer satisfaction including employees, patients, visitors, faculty and other departments within UW Health
Light: Ability to lift up to 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am – 5:00 pm. Additional hours may be required to meet operational needs.
Click here to learn more about this opening
UW Health Administrative Facilities – UW Health has administrative locations throughout Madison and beyond where thousands of employees provide vital support to our clinical areas. These locations are home to departments such as Access Services, Compliance, Human Resources, Information Services, Patient Medical Records, Payroll and many others.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.