Patient Financial Services Follow Up
Mercyhealth is a non-profit regional health care organization with more than 8,000 employee partners, 5 major hospitals, and 80 facilities and clinics throughout the Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin region. We are committed to being a top integrated health care provider and continuously work to make life better for the people, families and communities we serve.
Our partners serve with compassion, dedication, pride and professionalism. Our culture focuses on employee engagement, empowerment and growth, working together as a team to achieve one common goal: our mission of providing exceptional health care services, resulting in healing in the broadest sense and a best-in-class place to work for our partners.
We place great importance on providing our partners the tools, resources, facilities, and support to create lifelong career opportunities with an emphasis on a rewarding work-life balance. We achieve this by offering partners:
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Tuition and certification reimbursement
• Generous PTO accruals
• Career ladder and advancement opportunities
• Partner recognition days and achievement awards
• Local/regional discounts and incentives
We’re seeking a Patient Financial Services- Follow Up at our Janesville, Wi or Rockford, IL locations to join our dynamic team of collaborative partners.
• Responsible for ensuring claims are resolved with third party payers in a reasonable time frame as defined by Revenue Cycle metrics. This includes working claims that fail payer rejection edits in order to resolve errors and submit corrected claims.
• Assesses errors and quickly and effectively locates information to correct them and follow-up on claims for resolution. Works with other areas in the Revenue Cycle to obtain information necessary to correct errors or supply additional information as necessary for claim adjudication.
• Remains up-to-date on regulatory requirements through informal and formal updates, including self-study of payer bulletins and guidelines.
• Reviews accounts based on patient or departmental inquiries. Also, works and follows up with other Mercyhealth departments in a timely fashion if outstanding questions are not resolved
• Maintains a comprehensive awareness of all insurance company updates including Federal and State guidelines.
• Microsoft Excel required and healthcare billing experience preferred.
• Undertakes self-development activities.
• Basic understanding of working in multiple software applications at the same time.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Mercyhealth is committed to offering our partners a best place to work and continually evaluates new programs and benefits. We have been recognized locally, regionally and nationally for helping our workers achieve a work/life balance through benefit offerings and innovative programs.
Instructions for Resume Submission:
At Mercyhealth, we serve with a passion for making lives better, and we truly believe our accomplished staff is second to none in this mission. We hope you’ll consider becoming part of the Mercyhealth family.