Senior Internal Auditor
A passion for making lives better. Mercy Health System and Rockford Health System have joined forces to become Mercyhealth, a vertically integrated, not-for-profit multi-regional health system serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. At Mercyhealth, we serve with a passion for making lives better. We hire well qualified individuals because we want our patients to get exceptional care, close to home. We are growing and expanding services because we want to make lives better by providing greater access to top-notch medical care for the communities we serve. We purchase the latest technology and pursue advanced accreditations and certifications because our patients deserve the very best health care has to offer. We are seeking a talented individual to join us as a Senior Internal Auditor for Mercyhealth, our wholly owned subsidiary that links Mercyhealth together by offering a complete continuum of health care services to our membership, including seniors, individuals, and area employers and their employees.
Senior Internal Auditor
Position located in Janesville, WI
Design and conduct financial and risk-based audits to assure MercyCare’s adherence with industry standards, federal and state regulatory requirements, MercyCare policies and procedures, current contracts, and national accreditation standards.
MercyCare administers a variety of insurance products, including Medicaid, government marketplace individual and small group health plans, Employee Retirement Income Security Act health plan, Federal Employees Health Benefit program, and commercial products regulated by the Wisconsin Office of the Commissioner of Insurance and Illinois Department of Insurance.
- Create, manage, and administer the annual audit plan.
- Perform audits ensuring financial and statistical accuracy with industry standards.
- Design and conduct audits to test the adequacy of management and control of operations, ensuring compliance with established internal processes by examining records, reports, operating procedures, and documentation.
- Prepare written reports (for the Director of Compliance and Audit and the Director of the area examined), summarizing audit findings on the accuracy and quality of work, and making recommendations for improvement and correction where identified.
- Assist with MercyCare compliance activities identifying risk areas, and contribute with development and implementation of policies and procedures where indicated.
- Assign projects to others as needed.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional associations.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, health information management, or business administration (with concentration in other related areas preferred).
- Licensure as at least one of these: Certified Internal Auditor, Certified Public Accountant, or Registered Health Information Administrator.
- Keen adherence to Mercyhealth’s high standards related to quality, service, partnering, and cost.
- At least 5 years audit experience in health care industry preferred.
In addition to opportunities to learn, grow, and advance, Mercyhealth offers health and dental insurance, vacation, matched retirement savings, and more. Apply online at:
Apply Online: http://www.MercyHealthSystem.org