WHIMA 2020 Annual Meeting – Coronavirus Update
Over the last several days WHIMA executive leadership has met and discussed the COVID-19 situation within our country. Due to the everchanging situation, which has made it impossible to accurately assess risk, WHIMA has made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person portion of our conference due to the following:
- WI has confirmed cases of COVID-19
- A state of emergency has been declared by Governor Evers
- CDC recommendations of all events with 50+ people to be cancelled
- Government recommendation to limit events to 10 or less people
- Travel restrictions from vendors/employers
We want to be able to offer our membership opportunities for education and learning so WHIMA will begin to coordinate our event in a virtual format! Over the next couple of weeks our leadership and conference teams will be working diligently to coordinate and bring to you the same expert content, just in a more flexible format. This will include recordings of the keynote session, general sessions – as well as most of the breakout sessions – to watch at your convenience in the safety, coronavirus-free environment of your work or home.
We appreciate your understanding around making this decision. It was not made lightly.
All registrants will receive a 100% refund. If you have registered for the Conference, please note the following:
- Guest room reservations – The Osthoff will automatically cancel your guest room reservation. The Osthoff will honor the group rate if you would like to still get away on May 6-8. Please call the Osthoff at 1-800-876-3399 to make a reservation.
- To receive your WHIMA Annual Conference registration refund, click on the following SurveyMonkey link. Completing this survey will provide WHIMA the information needed to refund your registration. Refunds will be given within 60 days. Please be patient with us as we work through this process.
Once our virtual event is ready, you will receive an email to register accordingly for the sessions of your choice.
The health of our attendees, exhibitors, speakers and staff is a top priority. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate this very unique situation.
Stay Safe & Healthy!
Emmy Johnson, RHIA